Tararua College believe in a holistic approach in teaching their students. Academic focus is important, but so too are the cultural and sporting areas that provide engagement. Their goal is to support every child to ensure that they reach their own level of personal excellence, whether academically, in sport or in the cultural arena. The supportive staff develop strong learning focused relationships with all the students.
Their vision is to maintain and develop a College that is at the heart of the community, supporting the students and their whānau to be the best that they can be. The College is a family friendly environment that welcomes difference and enhances personal and social skills.
To provide a safe, healthy and caring culture in which students achieve individual excellence. They are fully involved in the academic, sporting, cultural and social life of the school and our community. The diverse needs of our students are strongly supported in all aspects of our personalised approaches.
The college has four core focus areas which drive their philosophy, you can learn more about these focus ares, the College values and more by downloading their information sheet (128KB pdf).
Tararua College can offer:
- personalised approaches to learning
- wide variety of choices and pathways, with academic options, vocational courses, practical and skills-based approaches
- Junior Diploma
- tertiary linked courses
- Agriculture and Horticulture within the school
- Dual pathways with UCOL & Talent Central
- WelCom to provide on-line courses for subjects not offered at Tararua College
- Arts & Culture-fantastic range of programmes at the College
- Sport & Recreation
- Taking Learning Beyond the Classroom
- House pride
- Student leadership opportunities
- Support & Guidance
- Mau Rākau and Kapa Haka
Phone: 06 376 8344
Physical address: 11-13 Churchill Street, Pahiatua 4910
Postal address: P O Box 94, Pahiatua 4941