Pahiatua Community Pool Feasibility Peer Review Report
The Tararua District Council (the Council) on behalf of itself and Bush Multisport Trust (BMST) commissioned Opus International Consultants Limited (Opus) in 2014 to undertake a community needs assessment of pool options for Pahiatua. Subsequent to that, and in response to the community needs assessment, the Council further contracted Opus in 2015 to complete a feasibility investigation into pool options for Pahiatua. This feasibility investigation considered existing facilities in Pahiatua, what is on offer in other parts of the district and where a new development could be sited.
This Peer Review Report will focus on the Pahiatua Community Pool Feasibility Investigation undertaken by Opus in 2015. Members of the Peer Review Team have individually considered the documents referred to below and provided feedback under the headings referred to in the project terms of reference also referred to below. The Peer Review Team has also considered and endorse the recommendations of this report.
The following documents were distributed for the Peer Review Team for consideration:
- Project terms of reference
- Reverse brief from Opus for the work to be undertaken by them
- Community pool feasibility investigation
- Needs assessment for swimming pool provision in Pahiatua
The Peer Review Team was made up of:
- Alison Parker – Parks and Recreation Manager, Kapiti Coast District Council
- Julian Todd – Recreation Facilities Manager, Wellington City Council
- Jamie Delich – Facilities Consultant, Sport NZ