Links & Resources

There is a wide range of resources, information, advice and research available in New Zealand, below are just some of the many tools available. 

Health Promotion Agency (HPA)

Information, advice, research and resources to help prevent and reduce alcohol-related harm and inspire New Zealanders to make better decisions about drinking alcohol.


HPA’s exciting new national e-Learning tool developed for frontline sellers and servers of alcohol. The modules take approximately an hour to complete and are free of charge. To access it go to

New Zealand Legislation

The authoritative source of Acts, Bills and Legislative Instruments. All Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations related amendments are searchable and available for download.

LCQ Bridging Test

The Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ) Bridging Test is an online tool for people who have completed their LCQ training under the Sale of Liquor Act 1989 and are applying or reapplying for their Manager's Certificate.  You need to take the bridging test if you are applying for or renewing your Manager's Certificate and your LCQ Certificate references the Sale of Liquor Act 1989.

Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA)

Learn more about the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA), who they are and what their main functions are.

The Alcohol Regulatory & Licensing Authority was established under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. It replaced the Liquor Licensing Authority.

New Zealand Liquor Licensing Authority (NZLLA) Decisions

Searchable database of all NZLLA Decisions from 1990 to 21 December 2012.

Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA) Decisions

Searchable database of all ARLA Decisions from 2013 - present.

Hospitality New Zealand

Hospitality New Zealand is the voice of the hospitality industry.

Companies Office Societies and Trusts Online

The Companies Office is the government agency responsible for administering the register of incorporated societies and the register of charitable trust boards. 

Companies Office

You can start a company, file annual returns, update details and search for companies.  

Evacuation Schemes

A building owner must ensure the building complies with the Fire Service Act 1975 ("Act") and the Fire Safety and Evacuation of Buildings Regulations 2006 ("Regulations"). Some buildings, if they are used in whole or part for one or more of the following purposes, must have an approved evacuation scheme.

back to top