Joining the Library
Joining Tararua District Library is free to all local residents (if you are not a resident of the Tararua District, you can still join the library for a fee). Simply visit one of our libraries and ask one of our staff to join you up.
You can begin the process by filling out a membership form.
You will need to bring:
- ID with your name and signature (e.g. driver's licence, passport, 18+ card)
- Current proof of address (a non-handwritten document that has been posted or emailed to you that shows your residential address on it)
For children under 18:
- A parent or legal guardian will need to produce their own ID and sign the Conditions of Membership on the minors behalf
- The parent or guardian needs to produce their own proof of address
Conditions of Use
In accepting and signing your new library card, you agree to abide by the Policies of Tararua Library, including:
- Return all items by the due date
- Pay for overdue, damaged or lost items
- Advise the library of any change of address
- Acknowledge the same responsibilities for any child you have registered or stood guarantor for
You can also access your Library account online. To log in, use your membership number under the barcode on your library card. Every library member has a password assigned; if you cannot remember it, click on the “forgotten your passcode” link when logging in, or contact the library to have it reset.
Using your login and password you can review the items you have on loan, renew items and reserve items that you would like to borrow in the future. You can also view your borrowing history. If you forget your password at any time, just come back to the counter, with your card or other ID and we can reset it.