Tararua District Council has adopted a Statement of Proposal to review its Class 4 Gambling and Racing Board Venue Policy. This document provides the community with the opportunity to comment on the following proposal:
Class 4 Gambling and Racing Board Venue Policy
The objectives of this policy are to:
• manage the number and location of venues and gaming machines within the district;
• allow those who wish to participate in this form of gambling to do so within the district;
• have regard to the social impact of gambling within the district.
This policy only applies to Class 4 and New Zealand Racing Board venues within the Tararua district that require Council’s consent to operate. The Council is proposing to continue the existing approach of its current policy, including:
• the sinking lid target number of 100 machines, and
• that Council will not consent to an increase in the number of gaming machines in an existing Class 4 Gambling Venue, and
• that no new Class 4 Gambling Venue or TAB (New Zealand Racing Board) Venue may be closer than 100 metres pedestrian distance of any school, early childhood centre, kindergarten or place of worship
How You Can Participate and Have Your Say
You can make a written submission on any part of the above proposal. If you need help then contact the Council and a staff member will assist you.
Submissions can be sent to: Freepost No. 69367
Tararua District Council, P O Box 115, Dannevirke 4942
Alternatively, you may email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org (including an address and/or contact phone number and indicating whether you wish to speak to your submission). You can also visit the Council’s website at www.tararuadc.govt.nz and make a submission online. If you make a submission the opportunity is available to present your comments in person to a Council meeting, and you should include this request on your submission. The date for hearing submissions is Wednesday 29 May 2019.
How You Can Obtain a Copy of the Statement of Proposal
A copy of the statement of proposal is available at the Council’s Service Centres in Dannevirke, Woodville, Pahiatua and Eketahuna. Copies can also be obtained by writing to the Governance Manager, Tararua District Council, P O Box 115, Dannevirke or by phoning 06 374 4080. You can also download a copy off the Council’s website www.tararuadc.govt.nz
When Can Submissions Be Made
Submissions can be made from Monday 8 April 2019 to Friday 10 May 2019.