I'm looking for...
The Council is required to prepare and adopt an annual report each financial year under Section 98 (1) of the Local Government Act 2002.
The purposes of the annual report are to:
- Compare the actual activities and the actual performance of the Council in the year with the intended activities and the intended level of performance as set out in the long term council community plan and the annual plan
- Promote the Council's accountability to the community for the decisions made throughout the year by the Council
Click here for Annual Report downloads.
The Council is required to prepare and adopt an annual plan each year under Section 95(1) of the Local Government Act 2002. The first year of a long term council community plan is deemed to be an annual plan.
The purpose of the annual plan is to:
- Contain the proposed annual budget and funding impact statement for the year to which the annual plan relates
- Identify any variation from the financial statements and funding impact statement included in the Council's long term council community plan in respect to the year
- Support the long term council community plan in providing integrated decision-making and co-ordination of the Council's resources
- Contribute to the accountability of the Council to the community
- Extend the opportunities for participation by the public in decision-making processes relating to the costs and funding of activities undertaken by the Council
Click here for Annual Plan downloads.
The Council must at all times have a long term council community plan under Section 93(1) of the Local Government Act 2002. It is required to be adopted before the commencement of the first year to which it relates, and continues in force until the close of the third consecutive year to which it relates. It can be amended any time through the special consultative procedure.
The purpose of the long term council community plan is to:
- Describe the activities of the Council
- Describe the community outcomes of the Tararua District
- Provide integrated decision-making and co-ordination of the Council's resources
- Provide a long term focus for the Council's decisions and activities
- Provide a basis for accountability of the Council to the community to which it serves
- Provide an opportunity for public participation in the decision-making processes on activities to be undertaken by the Council
Click here for Long Term Plan downloads.
Tararua District Plan
The District Plan sets out the significant resource management issues in the Tararua District and it explains the objectives, policies and methods of implementation that the Council is proposing to adopt to ensure that the district's land and associated natural and physical resources are sustainably managed.
The current Operative District Plan came into effect on 1 September 2012 after a review process, and can be downloaded below.
To view our District Plan Maps, please click here.
This statutory acknowledgement attaches to, but is not part of, the Tararua District Plan. It exists for the purpose of providing public information only.
Statutory Acknowledgement - Rangitāne o Manawatu Claims Settlement Act 2016 (1MB pdf)
Pre-Election Report 2016
Pre-Election Report (663KB pdf). Detailed information about the elections is set out in the Candidate Information Handbook (988KB pdf).
For all elections resources and forms, please click here. For further information, please contact one of the Electoral Officers listed here.
Other Plans & Reports
To view these documents you will need Adobe Reader. Click here to download and install it for free.