Roadside Tree Removal
Welcome funding of $500,000 from the Provincial Growth Fund will allow the Tararua Alliance to contract out the felling of roadside and dangerous trees on Route 52 to businesses within the Tararua District.
The work is designed to stimulate business in Tararua following the Covid-19 lockdown.
Why are we doing this?
- Improved road safety
- Improved power line safety
- To protect the resilience of key routes on council's roading network
What are we doing?
- Removal of dangerous trees along Route 52 in the areas specified in the Document Downloads below
- Supporting economic recovery by contracting the work out locally to workers that would have otherwise been displaced following Covid-19 lockdown
- Providing training to ensure contractors are equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet council and regulatory standards/requirements
Progress and Updates
Work commenced on 3 July 2020 and periodic updates are available below.
Latest project updates
- 3 March 2021: (143KB pdf) Exceptional Work on Roadside Trees to Continue
- 3 August 2020: Local contractors benefit from tree felling contracts
- 1 July 2020: New funding for roadside trees
If you have a concern, complaint or compliment regarding this project, you can speak with a member of the Project Team by calling 06 374 4080 or 06 376 0110. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and request for a member of the Project Team to get in touch with you.