Roadside Tree Removal
An initial $500,000 from the Provincial Growth Fund allowed the Tararua Alliance to contract out the felling of roadside and dangerous trees on Route 52 to businesses within the Tararua District. Due to the exceptional work done by our local contractors, this ended up being extended further funded through revenue from log sales.
The work stimulated business in the Tararua District following the Covid-19 lockdown.
- Improved road safety
- Improved power line safety
- To protect the resilience of key routes on council's roading network
What Work We Undertook
- Removal of dangerous trees along Route 52 in the areas specified in the Document Downloads below
- Supporting economic recovery by contracting the work out locally to workers that would have otherwise been displaced following Covid-19 lockdown
- Providing training to ensure contractors are equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet council and regulatory standards/requirements