3-Waters Compliance Officer
Who are we?
Tararua District Council is an inclusive organisation dedicated to enhancing community wellbeing. We are committed to diversity, have a culture built on trust and valuing individual contributions, and have a strong focus on employee development. We are looking for people who share our dedication to excellence and continuous improvement. We are guided by values of Pono, Whanake, and Whanaungatanga.
About the role
The role is responsible for leading regulatory compliance aspects of Council’s water, wastewater, and stormwater activities, enabling council to lawfully carry out the provision of services to the Tararua District.
Who we are looking for
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. civil engineering, environmental engineering, environmental science, planning, or resource management.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant field. 10 years is beneficial.
- Excellent analytical, reporting, and written skills
- Understanding and appreciation of potential impacts of legislation relating to areas of responsibility
- High level of communication and relationship management skills
- Experience in writing reports and maintaining good documentation
- Highly organised, but flexible in adapting to change with an ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
What we offer
We offer a flexible working environment, competitive remuneration, and varied learning and career progression opportunities across the wider Council group. You’ll be joining a team of dedicated and respected experts working collaboratively to provide the right outcomes for our communities.
Experience the land of ranges
Tararua offers you the country lifestyle you have always dreamed of. Take advantage of adventure, scenic attractions, and country hospitality at its best! If you are keen on tramping, hunting, fishing, or canoeing you will be spoilt for choice. All the facilities are nearby; swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and championship golf courses. The Tararua District provides an enviable lifestyle and work location.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant team and make a real difference in the Tararua community!
Applications are available at all Council Service Centres.
For more information, please call 06-374-4080 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 10th April 2023