Group Manager - Strategy & Community Wellbeing
Who are we?
Tararua District Council is an inclusive organisation dedicated to enhancing community wellbeing. We are committed to diversity, have a culture built on trust and valuing individual contributions, and have a strong focus on employee development. We are looking for people who share our dedication to excellence and continuous improvement. We are guided by values of Pono, Whanake, and Whanaungatanga.
About the role
This role is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and a trusted advisor to the Chief Executive, Mayor and Elected Members. This role will provide leadership in the development and programming of key strategies to provide focus and momentum for organisational priorities. Additionally, this position will lead and support Strategy and Policy, Community Development, Economic Development, Democracy Services, Cultural Competency and the Facilities and Communications teams.
Who we are looking for
Ideally, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Finance, or equivalent experience
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role with proven ability to lead and develop a multi-functional team in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally to achieve business and organisational outcomes.
- Communication expressing ideas effectively to meet the needs of the audience in both oral and written communication.
What we offer
We offer a flexible working environment, competitive remuneration, and varied learning and career progression opportunities across the wider Council group. You’ll be joining a team of dedicated and respected experts working collaboratively to provide the right outcomes for our communities.
Experience the land of ranges
Tararua offers you the country lifestyle you have always dreamed of. Take advantage of adventure, scenic attractions and country hospitality at its best! If you are keen on tramping, hunting, fishing, or canoeing you will be spoilt for choice. All the facilities are nearby; swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and championship golf courses. The Tararua District provides an enviable lifestyle and work location.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant team and make a real difference in the Tararua community!
For more information, please call 06-374-4080 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you provide the completed application, a cover letter, and your CV
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 25th February 2024