Alcohol Licensing banner image

Alcohol Licensing

Applying for an Alcohol Licence

To apply for an Alcohol Licence please download the correct form from the Alcohol Licence and Special Licence sections.

Alcohol licensing is managed by the Tararua District Council and covers administration and compliance of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, duty managers certificates, licences for premises and venues, as well as complaints about a premises licence or operating conditions.

Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 | New Zealand Legislation

Following consultation with the community, Tararua District Council adopted an Alcohol Bylaw which came into force on 17 December 2018. More information about the liquor ban zones and rules can be found on our Liquor Ban Areas page.

Licensing Inspector
Phone: 06 374 4080 or 06 376 0110
Address: 26 Gordon Street, Dannevirke
Postal: PO Box 115, Dannevirke 4942