Supporting Families To Thrive
Strengthening Families helps you sort things out when life’s challenges weigh you down, whatever your concern or need:
- Knowing you need to make a change but don’t know how
- Worries about your child’s health or behaviour
- Making ends meet
- Housing difficulties
- Coping with stress at home.
Strengthening Families brings together the agencies that can help your family/whānau deal with your concerns.
Benefits of Strengthening Families
- Voluntary for families/whānau
- Family friendly
- Respectful of tikanga Māori and cultural diversity
- Good at helping families connect with their community.
Monthly Network Forum for Support Workers
Do you work with families and individuals needing support and assistance? On the first Thursday of every month (except January) a networking meeting is held at Tararua REAP for community support workers.
This is a great opportunity to share information about your role and also find out about other support is available to the community.
For more information contact the Tararua Strengthening Families Coordinator:
Phone: 06 374 6565 Ext: 2