Notified Resource Consents
On this page you can find out about any publicly notified resource consents below and how you can make a submission.
Notified resource consent open for public submission
Making a submission on a Resource Consent
Preparing your submission
Please ensure the following before you prepare your submission:
- Talk to the applicant or the Council Planner - this may allay your concerns regarding the proposal.
- Consult organisations or individuals able to provide technical information on the cause and consequence of effects and possible ways to reduce or avoid undesirable effects.
Your submission needs to be in the prescribed form (see form below). Your submission should focus on the environmental effects of the proposal. Your submission cannot raise effects relating to trade competition. Council cannot consider effects on trade competition.
When preparing the submission:
- Address the activity applied for and environmental effects arising from this activity only.
- Clearly identify which part or parts of the proposal your comments refer to.
- Fully explain how the proposal will affect you and how those effects could be dealt with.
- Adequately explain any request you make.
- Advise whether you wish to be heard (speak to your submission at a hearing).
The applicant or any person who makes a submission on an application can appeal the decision to the Environment Court.