Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a report that provides information held by the Council about a specific property. The report is prepared by the Council, at your request.
In accordance with Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act, a local authority (council) is required to provide information to any interested party pertaining to a specific property.
As the year is winding down to a close, our processing dates for LIMs will be different due to the Christmas and New Year break.
Any LIM report requests received with payment from Monday the 11th of December 2023 onwards will be completed after the New Year break. It takes 10 working days to process a LIM report.
Please note that no LIM processing will occur between 3pm on the 22nd of December 2023, until 8am the 8th of January 2024.
A LIM report usually contains the following:
- Area of site
- Official address and legal description
- Zoning of the property
- Government valuation of the property and rates levied for the current year, including water rates where applicable and the amount of any rates owing
- Information, which in terms of any other Act, has been notified to the Council by any statutory organisation (i.e Historic Places Trust or Department of Conservation) which has the power to classify land or buildings for any purpose.
- Water supply information
- Consent, certificate, notice, order, or requisition affecting the land or any building on the land previously issued by the Council.
- Information which has been notified to the Council by any network utility operator under the Building Act and any certificates issued by a building certifier
- Any information that has been submitted to Council by a statutory organisation or network utility operator (e.g. suppliers of gas, power) relating to the site
- Private and public stormwater and sewerage drains as shown in Council records.
Information a LIM does not include:
- Any development works undertaken without Council knowledge or consent
- A site visit to the property
- A comprehensive assessment of a property. It documents only the information Council has about the property at the time the LIM is prepared
Any plans or aerial photographs attached to the LIM are for illustrative purposes only and are not confirmation of the legal position of the boundaries on the property.
Applying for a LIM
LIM application forms are available for download below - they are also available at any Council Service Centre or they can be posted, faxed or emailed to you. You should forward your completed application along with the appropriate fee to any Council Service Centre.
To find out the zoning of the property you are requesting a LIM for, please refer to the Zoning Information module in our Online Maps. Alternatively, you can contact any Council Service Centre for further information.
LIM Fees & Charges
How Much Does a LIM Cost?
Payment is to be made at the time of application. Processing of the LIM report will only commence once a signed application form and full payment has been received.
Payment can be made at any Council Service Centre, or you can pay by internet banking/direct credit into the following account: 03 0614 0088406 000 - Tararua District Council
Please ensure you provide correct reference details when making your payment to avoid any delays:
|Particulars||Address of Property|
Please note: Payments by internet banking can take a couple of days to process. It's a good idea to pay and apply early to ensure you receive your report when you need it.
When Will I Receive the LIM?
Providing all the necessary information is supplied with your application, the LIM will be prepared within 10 working days and forwarded to you as quickly as possible. The final LIM will be provided electronically by email and the original hardcopy posted if requested.