Long Term Plan
The Council must at all times have a Long Term Plan (LTP) under Section 93(1) of the Local Government Act 2002.
It is required to be adopted before the commencement of the first year to which it relates, and continues in force until the close of the third consecutive year to which it relates. It can be amended any time through the special consultative procedure.
Long Term Plan 2021-2031
After an extended auditing process the Long Term Plan is available to download below.
The purpose of the LTP is to:
- describe the activities of the Council;
- describe the community outcomes of the Tararua District;
- provide integrated decision-making and co-ordination of the Council's resources;
- provide a long term focus for the Council's decisions and activities;
- provide a basis for accountability of the Council to the community to which it serves; and
- provide an opportunity for public participation in the decision-making processes on activities to be undertaken by the Council.