Council is required to prepare and adopt an annual plan each year under Section 95(1) of the Local Government Act 2002.
Annual Plan 2022-2023
After public engagement, Council adopted the Annual Plan 2022-23 on Wednesday, 29 June 2022. The Annual Plan is the budget and work programme for Year 2 of Council’s 2021-2031 Long-Term Plan.
It looks at how Council will deliver and fund projects and services in the upcoming financial year. This plan details some of the factors that have resulted in increased costs for Council, the changes we propose to the Council programme to reduce the impact of those costs, and the related risks and consequences of those changes.
The 2022-23 Annual Plan covers the period 1 July 2022 until 30 June 2023. It is also a statement of proposal in terms of Section 85 of the Local Government Act 2002.
Annual Plan - Engagement 2022/23
The purpose of the annual plan is to:
- Contain the proposed annual budget and funding impact statement for the year to which the annual plan relates
- Identify any variation from the financial statements and funding impact statement included in the Council's long term plan in respect to the year
- Support the long term council plan in providing integrated decision-making and co-ordination of the Council's resources
- Contribute to the accountability of the Council to the community
- Extend the opportunities for participation by the public in decision-making processes relating to the costs and funding of activities undertaken by the Council
Annual Plan 2022/23 Infographics
- Where do your rates go?
- Where are the rates increases spent on?
- What are the major capital projects in Tararua?
- What's changed from our Long Term Plan (LTP)- Year 1 and LTP Year 2 compared to our Annual Plan (AP) ?
All really good questions that have been simplified with the following infographics: