The Council is required to prepare and adopt an annual plan each year under Section 95(1) of the Local Government Act 2002.
The first year of a long term plan is deemed to be an annual plan.
Annual Plan 2020-2021
The document below is the Annual Plan of the Tararua District Council for the period 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021. It is also a statement of proposal in terms of Section 85 of the Local Government Act 2002.
The purpose of the annual plan is to:
- Contain the proposed annual budget and funding impact statement for the year to which the annual plan relates
- Identify any variation from the financial statements and funding impact statement included in the Council's long term plan in respect to the year
- Support the long term council plan in providing integrated decision-making and co-ordination of the Council's resources
- Contribute to the accountability of the Council to the community
- Extend the opportunities for participation by the public in decision-making processes relating to the costs and funding of activities undertaken by the Council