Food Complaints

To report a suspected food poisoning contact the Public Health Unit at MidCentral Health on 06 350 9110 or email

Please contact Council or the Ministry for Primary Industries on 0800 008 333 or to report any other food safety concerns including:

  • unclean food premises
  • foreign object found in food
  • presence of vermin
  • any other issue.

These agencies will be able to find out the registered owner of the business and respond to your concerns.

For information about food complaints, types of complaints, reporting food borne illnesses, and complaints investigated by other agencies, see the Ministry for Primary Industries website:

Making a food complaint | Ministry for Primary Industries